Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm still a New Yorker in my heart. But technically, I'm not really one anymore.

Sad, I know. This Chicago thing is not my favorite, trust me. (And let's be clear here- when I say Chicago, I actually mean a boring northern suburb. Chicago itself isn't so bad, but that's not the material I'm working with.) But, even with my intelligence, charm and good looks, a college degree is kind of necessary. So here I am, back in the Midwest.

These next three months should include lots of interesting and exciting adventures. They will likely include:

-Job hunting (in Manhattan, of course)
-Figuring out what I should do with my life
-Agonizing
-Investigating 'possible miscarriages of justice' for a class on investigative reporting. (This means freeing wrongfully convicted people from death row)
-Frat parties and football games*
-Teaching myself to program Flash (as advised by The Editor)
-Concluding my stories about the Editor (I promise- parts two and three of Lion in the Jungle are coming!)
-Preparing for a trip to Israel
-A trial or plea bargain for scary attacker guy

And then, after I finish all these important things, I can come back to New York! Forever and ever and ever! As a Real New Yorker! So soon... But for now, I'm stuck here in the Windy City, missing my Big Apple like crazy.




*I'm totally just kidding. I tried doing that whole scene. It was fun for a little while, but kind of ended in the alcoholism/addiction thing. And anyways, these days I'm way too grown up and sophisticated for all that. So mature, in fact, that during yesterday's unpacking I had to devote two entire drawers to my knitting supplies.

3 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

First commenter EVER! Good luck with everything on your list :)

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Sober In the City said...

Can't wait to track your movements via blog...

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep checking for news and there isn't any! Fill all your eager readers in on the latest happenings please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home